Catherine Chant is an active member of the Romance Writers of America (RWA) and a Golden Heart® finalist. She writes rock ‘n’ roll romantic fiction and stories with paranormal twists for young adults.
Catherine worked for 15 years as an IT computing & communication consultant at her alma mater Boston College before becoming a full-time writer. She teaches several online workshops for writers throughout the year and provides instructional articles on computing, gaming and crafts to different websites.
Catherine is currently working on a new young adult suspense novel, and the next book in her Soul Mates series.
Download Press Kit (PDF format)
Interviews and Guest Appearances
- Writer Wednesday: Meet Catherine Chant – Margaret Locke’s Blog
- An Interview with Catherine Chant – Write Way Cafe
- Retro Fashion with Guest Author Catherine Chant – Killer Crafts and Crafty Killers
- A Visit With Catherine Chant – Cynthia Woolf’s Blog
- Interview, Friday Fiction Finds – Kathleen Irene Paterka’s Blog
- Interview – Kathryn Kane Romance Blog
- Interview and Cover Reveal – The Write Way Cafe
- Making Friends With The Author: Catherine Chant – Books and Sweet Epiphany
- Review and Interview: Wishing You Were Here – Vala Kaye’s Other World
- In the Interview Room with Catherine Chant – Author Terry Odell’s Blog
- Talking about Wishing You Were Here – eBooks Unlimited
- Meet Catherine Chant – Colorado Romance Writers
- Interview with Catherine Chant – Book Goodies Kids
- Book Feature and Excerpt Wishing You Were Here Deluxe Edition – Author Kathleen Rowland’s Blog
Hobbies and Other Interests
My favorite craft is crochet, but I also do a lot of knitting and make my own jewelry. One of my favorite things to crochet is historical gowns for Barbie dolls. You can see some examples of my work at my crochet website. I have some patterns for sale in my Ravelry Pattern store.
Occasionally I offer up finished projects for sale in my Crafts By Cathy Etsy store.
In my spare time (what’s that?), I also like games. Board games, card games, and of course video games. I grew up in the era of Atari so I’ve seen it all from Pong to PvZ Garden Warefare. My fav? The Sims. I have loved The Sims since the very beginning and they’re up to the fourth generation installment in the franchise now.
Maybe it’s the innate storyteller in me, but I love putting characters and situations together and watching what happens. Sometimes I blog about what my Sims are up to on CC’s Sims Stories.